Van Jones visited Urban Promise Academy to celebrate our partnership with #YesWeCode and Dell
CHECK US OUT!
We are proud to have been featured in several news pieces over the years.
- Click here to read student's sharing their growth with support from UPA's morning boost program
- Click here to read about the amazing work Ms. Lisa (6th Grade Humanities) is doing with her ELD morning boost class.
- Ms. Payne's 8th Grade History Class: Change.org for undocumented immigrants
- UPA Girls Basketball, Jamba Juice, and Golden State Warriors:
- Ms. Hurab featured on I am OUSD: Leading Experiments in Science and Personalized Learning at Urban Promise Academy
- Ms. Alli (Health Educator) featured on Health Line: Teaching Lessons in Food and Life in Urban California
- Student Iyyah Mustapha Featured as OUSD Spotlight!
- Mr. Ramirez featured as a HEROES Profile for Educate78
- Principal Claire Fisher is quoted in this New York Times article about the Summit Basecamp Model
- Education Week highlights UPA in this piece, "Fulfilling an Urban Promise in Oakland"
- Read the press release about UPA being named one of six "breakthrough schools" to be awarded a Next Generation Learning Challenge (NGLC) personalized learning grant.
- This audio piece ("Are These Same Stars in Oakland?") on our WILD program was released in May 2015.
- UPA was the first Oakland public school ever accepted into the National Center for Earth and Science Education's Space Flight Student Experiments Program! Learn more here. You can also watch ONews' video on our space-minded scientists here.
- Van Jones visited UPA to celebrate our partnership with #YesWeCode and Dell. At the event our students received more than 200 Chromebooks! Watch video here.