8th Grade promotion Information
Summer Options for Students
- Aim High (Free) JUNE 25 to JULY 27- located on UPA's campus and provides whole day program of learning, exploration of college and career, and weekly field trips! Must apply online or turn in application to Mr. Ramirez. Click here for application
- East Oakland Youth Development Center (EOYDC) - a variety of programs available for students. Check out the website for more information
- City of Oakland Summer Camps- a variety of day and overnight trips. Cost is varied based on the program.
- Point Reyes Clem Miller Summer Camps- a beautiful overnight adventure at Point Reyes National Seashore. Scholarships are available! If you are interested, speak to Ms. Hurab or Mr. Ramirez.
- Carmen Flores Recreational Center: will have a variety of summer classes available for students to little or no cost. Website will be updated with more information
- Girls Tech Trek- Through hands-on problem solving and encounters with women role models in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), AAUW Tech Trek helps girls see their futures while having nonstop fun. Scholarships available!
- Oakland City Library- many of Oakland's library offer fun, educational, and exciting classes during the summer and throughout the year.
- Brothers on the Rise- is a dual direct service-systems change organization which responsibly empowers male youth to achieve individual success, develop healthy relationships and contribute to a more just and equitable society. We accomplish this through comprehensive gender-responsive, culturally appropriate, preventive, pipeline programs that directly serve boys and young men of color.
- Bay Area Girls Rock Camp- Our summer camp is a week-long program for young people ages 8-18. Campers attend instrument lessons, form a band, collaboratively write an original song, participate in daily music and empowerment-related workshops, and perform with their band at a live showcase at the end of the week.